About The School
Lady Lovat Primary School is situated in the village of Morar facing the Morar Estuary and looking towards the islands of Rhum and Eigg. The catchment area is from Beoraidbeg in the North to Garramor in the South and East to Bracora. Lady Lovat Primary is a non-denominational school which accommodates one English medium department of two classes.
Lady Lovat, who performed the official opening of the school on 13 May 1915, laid the foundation stone for the school on 20 April 1914. This building houses the Primary 1-3 and Primary 4-7 classes. In 1951 an annex was erected. It is a corrugated iron building containing two rooms, one of which serves as a dining room and the other is a music room. A new toilet block, attached to the main building, was added in 1983. In 1999, the school house was refurbished to provide a resource room, an office, a staff room and toilets.
Lady Lovat Primary does not have nursery provision so the English nursery is situated in Mallaig Primary School. Regular liaison is established with this nursery and the pre-school children who will attend Lady Lovat Primary visit the school in June. This visit comprises of a week of morning sessions.
The school has a family atmosphere. Pupils are encouraged to participate in all school activities.
Any parent who is considering the school for his/her child is welcome to visit at any time, by arrangement, in order to meet the Head Teacher and to look around the school.